Cape Town 1800 Cast Iron Wood Stove
Entirely made of cast iron, the Cape Town 1800 is ideal for heating up to 2000 ft² with its 75,000 BTU/h of maximum power. Certified at 1.8 g/h, this non-catalytic unit is the only Drolet model to offer a flue outlet at the back and on the top of the stove. The Cape Town 1800 has a large viewing area as well as a full width andiron to hold logs during loading. Its classic design and distinguished cast iron finish give it all its charm.
Included: ash drawer, ceramic glass, ash lip, broad-spectrum air damper
- Up to 8 hours burn time
- 21’’ logs
- 2 ft³ firebox volume
- EPA certified
- Made in Belgium
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Certified for mobile home and alcove installation
Options: heat shield
Appliance performance (2)
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area-ft² ()||500 - 2,000|
|Overall firebox volume-ft³||2.0|
|EPA loading volume-ft³||1.55|
|Maximum burn time ()||8 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (3)||75,000 BTU/h (22 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate < (3) (4)||13,784 BTU/h (4.04 kW) to 57,684 BTU/h (16.91 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) (4)||71% (HHV) (5)||76% (LHV) (6)|
|Optimum overall efficiency (7) (8)||78%|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency (9)||77%|
|Average particulate emissions rate (1)||1.8 g/h|
|Average CO (10)||120 g/h|
(1) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(2) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(3) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(4) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(5) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(7) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(8) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(9) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency certified appliance||CSA B415.1-10|
|Maximum log length||21"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Size||30 3/4" W X 22 5/8" D X 32 5/8" H|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12'|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|Approved for an alcove installation||Yes|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||545 lb (247 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||20 1/2" X 12"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Overall dimension (Height)||32 5/8"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||30 3/4"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||22 5/8"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||9 1/2"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||22"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||9 1/2"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||21 7/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||13 1/4"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||N.A.|
|Moulded refractory bricks||Yes|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
Manuals & Guides
- Shipping/Estimated Delivery & Returns
- Drolet User Manuals & Warranty
- Price Match Guarantee
What are typical shipping & processing times?
Order processing time is 3-4 business days if the item is in stock.
Delivery takes 7-14 business days on average.
If a unit is not in stock, it will have a unique lead time depending on the SKU.
What are the return policies for buyer's remorse, damaged in transit, and defective items?
Damaged in transit: Do NOT ACCEPT the product if it's delivered with obvious damage. Deny the package and ask for a Return Authorization Number.
If there is no obvious damage on the packaging, check for damage inside the pallet. If there's any damage, note it on the Bill of Lading. If you receive it with concealed damage, it will be handled on a case by case basis. Please send an email to info@homebarselect with images of the damage within 48 hours of delivery. We will send further instructions.
It is your responsibility to prove the damage was made during delivery if you accept an obviously damaged shipment.
Defective Items: Manufacturer's defects will be handled according to the product's manufacturer warranty. Parts can be shipped to you, if a part is defective. If the whole unit is defective, we may ask you to ship it back to the warehouse. Item must be unused and in it's original packaging. The package will assessed upon receipt. If it's in acceptable condition, the customer will receive a refund/exchange.
Buyer's Remorse returns are not accepted.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the best prices online. If you find another legitimate online store that offers a lower prices on an identical item we stock (including shipping, tax, etc), we will match the competitor's price and provide superior customer service.
Please give us a call, email, or live chat with the price and link to the product.
**We DO NOT price match with large retailers such as Home Depot, Sams Club, Costco, Ebay, etc.**
**We will not match pricing on products being sold under Minimum Advertising Price guidelines**
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offer are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors' website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question, and must not be violating advertising price agreements with the manufacturer
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
There may be brands excluded from that offer. Please contact us for further information.